Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Methods and IRB

Honestly I have been so busy I am not sure what I have been learning. We've been going over the IRB protocols and it has been good to see the different projects that everyone is doing. It has also really helped me to see where the most important parts of the protocol are and what I need to emphasize as I am writing mine. I have several sections of my protocol that I need to work on- specifically the risks section, the literature review, and the methods section. The risks and the methods are probably the most important parts of the protocol. I have to do a lot of work with the methods because I am changing them from what Dr. Johnson is doing in Hungary. He is using an accelerometer and that is just not a realistic or a good idea for me in Mexico- they are $300 each. So I will just be using a pedometer. One of my concerns is that Amy said that she ended up having to ditch the pedometers and she just used a questionnaire. Dr. Johnson said that the questionnaires took too long to fill out. So... I'm not quite sure what will be the best way to measure physical activity but I need to figure it out soon. Needless to say, I am a little bit stressed out about this stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment