Friday, February 25, 2011

IRB protocol sample 2

I will say that having that mock IRB meeting helped me understand a whole lot more what we are supposed to be looking for as far as critiquing the IRB samples that we are given. This time looking at the second sample I was able to be a lot more specific about what was needed. This also makes me realize that if I didn't have someone going through it with me I would make a lot of the same mistakes. with that said, there is one thing that I would like to comment on as far as sample 2 went- I felt like the background and literature review part was very well written. I don't know if others agree with me, but I felt that it was. I feel like, for my own literature review that I have been a little bit lost as far as what exactly I am supposed to put in it and how I am supposed to write it. Seeing this one helped me understand a little bit better. As well, I have looked over Amy's proposal several times and I am starting to figure out the logic of it and how it's supposed to flow. I honestly feel like I have enough information for it, I just don't know how to organize it. This is a good realization- because I think that I was treating it as something different than anything I have ever written before- and while it is, it doesn't have to be so foreign. I realize that I can treat it like a specialized research paper- for me this idea is a lot less daunting than a "literature review." Funny how semantics make such a big difference. Anyway- now that I have let some ideas float around in my head a little while- I guess this is kind of like that idle thinking that was discussed in the "Ophelia" article- I am ready to put them down on paper and get it going a little better. I'm excited to see how it all pans out. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment