Friday, February 18, 2011

Proposal

Of course I started writing my proposal. I'm glad that we have been working a lot on finding articles to support our project and our literature review because I had somewhat of a head start for the proposal. However, I feel like I'm lacking a lot in that area. I have a lot of articles that support my project in some ways, but putting into coherent words as well as making it unified proved to be quite different. As well, I still feel like there are some holes in my research. I may need to do some more searching to find more quality articles for the literature review. I also think that I need to outline a bit of a plan for it so that I can keep my thoughts organized within the proposal. Just describing the articles isn't very helpful if they aren't linked in a somewhat organized way. In addition, I am not sure how to describe the obesity trends in Mexico. The fact that they are increasing does not really support my project- or at least my hypothesis, but in Irapuato and the more rural areas these trends would be expected to not be as high. Of course I don't know exactly what I will find there, but that is what I expect. I think that is one of the hardest things- I can't really make conclusions about what it will be like there, I can only draw assumptions based on the articles that I've read that somewhat relate to my study and to rural Mexico. I'll figure it out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment