Friday, January 28, 2011

A little bit of the same

So I still haven't been able to get to a lot of the research that I needed to. I was able to find some older studies on microfiche that might fill in some holes in my research. One study in particular was a cross cultural study between Americans and Puerto Ricans and spinal positioning etc. I'm hoping that the study will be similar to the research that I am planning and so I will be able to more validly draw the hypothesis that I am going toward (namely that low activity as seen in American culture (sitting in from of the tv etc) will correlate to poorer core stability and posture and more activity, like that in more rural areas (Mexico) leads to greater core stability etc.)
So hopefully this study will be more informative for me.
With that said- so far I feel like I have gone through a lot of articles and studies that have given me a lot of information but the information needs to be more organized so that I can look a little better at the big picture. This weekend I am planning to spend quite a bit of time just organizing the articles that I have so far and seeing if any of them fill in the gaps that I discussed in my literature review. Then hopefully I'll know exactly what I still need to look for and what information is sufficient for right now. I really feel like I need to get better organized before I continue doing more searches for other kinds of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment