Sunday, January 23, 2011

Prioritizing

This weekend I was able to look at several different studies for the annotated bibliographies. I was able to find a lot of different studies that have a little bit in common with my study, but they weren't quite the same as what I'm doing. Really I felt like while a lot of it was useful in helping come up with small questions or ideas of what my study will be like, there wasn't a lot that I could use for my actual proposal that I will be writing soon. But running through these studies has helped me see what types of information I need for my study and what I don't need so much. My thoughts are as such: I need actual obesity and activity level statistics for Mexico, I need to find out more about SOFFIT, I need to be able to describe a little better the use of pedometers and accelerometers in my study, I also want to be able to explain the negative affects of poor posture and muscle development and have specific support that goes with it. In addition, while I wanted to understand a bit more about muscle development myself, I feel that for my later proposal and post-study write ups it will suffice to give a brief explanation of the use and disuse theories of muscle development. The audience I will be writing too will either already be fairly aware of the science behind it or they will be a layman who doesn't really need a super in depth explanation of the muscle development.

No comments:

Post a Comment